If your business is growing, chances are you're seeing increasing costs in your electricity bill. The larger the costs get, the more important it seems to become to manage them.
To hack your bill and start saving money, follow these tips for short term immediate savings, and long-term strategies for consistent savings.
Reduce Energy Usage
1. Stop putting off that LED lighting project. LED replacements are low hanging fruit because there are still rebates and the ROI is quick. And, you can start adding sensors to reduce light usage right now! Add motion or light sensors to reduce lighting needs with no one is in the room or when there is a lot of natural light coming through.
2. Adjust your thermostat settings in the summer to 78° F or above, and help your employees to stay comfortable by allowing them to wear appropriate clothing.
3. Turn off any office equipment like printers or computers that are not needed during the hours of 2-7pm.
4. Change your work schedules so that employees aren't working and using energy during 1-7pm. This is especially important for manufactures who can change the time of entire production lines and reduce loads of energy during peak hours.
Manage your energy more efficiently
5. If you have the capability, run an alternate generator for a few hours to take the load off of the grid.
6. Install automatic sequencers to avoid powering on all your equipment at the same time. Powering on all your equipment at the same time will spike your energy usage.
7. Look into other ways to cool your building during the summer like thermal energy storage systems.
8. See if you qualify for a demand response program. Demand response is a program from your supplier that will pay you cash to reduce your energy during a peak demand day. Our last customer to sign up received over $100,000 the first year they were on the program.
Need an audit? Contact us, we'll give you a free assessment of your current energy usage free of charge!